Friday, May 11, 2012

Samplers and other thoughts on a Friday

I'd like to know why stitching samplers is such a big deal?  There is  no end to the number of sampler charts available for purchase, old samplers sell for millions of dollars, and I belong to a FB group which is exclusively about samplers.  Don't get me wrong, I think they're beautiful and I can certainly appreciate an antique sampler stitched hundreds of years ago by an 8 year old.  Her skills far outshine my own. But I don't have that urge to stitch every sampler I see.  My other question is why do samplers call for 30 - 40 count fabric?  I don't want to stitch on anything over 28 count even weave linen.

I hope someone can answer my questions.  Until then -- it's stitch night at the Panera in the Galleria!  Mary is bringing me my hardanger instruction books  - oh joy!  And tomorrow is a stitch retreat, I am so excited. We have such a good time. I haven't done any stitching all week and I'd like to get a lot more done on the "Leaping Cat."

No comments:

Post a Comment